Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Hot Tub Time Machine




The Hot Tub Time Machine: I heard it was sorta funny, kinda cool, and with a doable 80’s soundtrack. So, I was actually expecting to sorta kinda like it. Instead, I LOVED it. Much has to do with the fact that I am already an 80’s freak to begin with, and by this I mean I ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY love the eighties.

Nevertheless, I do admit that at first I wasn’t too excited. In other words, I was hardly paying any attention to the movie, but after the hot tub went berserk and the leg warmers, retro sunglasses, and ALF made a grand appearance, I was hooked, often imagining how cool it would be to jump right into the screen and re-live the 80s too! I read some review from a so-called “critic” who said something about the move being more of an 80’s collage than having an actual feel of the 80’s! HELLO! The 80’s collage is kinda the point, and yes, most definitely there was a feel of being back in the 80’s. At least for me it felt that way all through the movie until the final scene when I was left wanting more.

One of the best movies I’ve seen in a while, and not to mention that John Cusack was GREAT! Like TOTALLY! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment